gnotary-devel

[Gnotary-devel] yo-yo wreath

From: Desmond Edwards
Subject: [Gnotary-devel] yo-yo wreath
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:24:25 -0500

Ordinarily two men are kept busy stocking the sheaveswhich one binder cuts. As for Nicoll, he and Abe became more than neighbours that summer;they became friends. He reported to Abethat the walls of a house twenty by eighteen feet were going upthere.
Every now and then he tried to get Ruth to call on his sister. But when Nicoll spokeas he had done, Abe felt something uncanny in that landscape. It looked asthough all these settlers had picked their location with that verything in view.
If all helpers were like Nicoll, it would not be bad.
But Im coming; provided I can count ongetting occasional work on your place for a year or two. I know its hard,living that way, all by yourself. While you do your own work, farming is boundto pay. You feed two or three teams instead of one. That was why,when one day he was taking his dinner at the hotel at St.
It was done, he was told, to attract votes to acertain party.
To-day, with settled districts all around,distress takes the form of financial stringency.
I fanned a hundred and three bushels of wheat out of that stack. Mary bent down, a pained look in her eyes.
When Ruth opened to the knock, her lips tightened.
Was that the news your sister was to break to me? There had been a time when both hadforeseen the coming estrangement and dreaded its approach.
Ive only a few weeks to spare before harvest. A peculiar development was the consequence.
It was a bright, crispmorning of the early fall. I havent the time to feel tired, Abe replied. While Im here, what difference does it make?
Ive got to have thatadditional seeder before the work starts. There was another point of friction between him and Ruth: thehouse.
Ruth, Abe said stormily, dont you see how Im fixed? Listen here, Abe said for the third time.
She had become used to exhausting heremotional powers on the children.
Ive all I want except what I need: a purpose in life. If all helpers were like Nicoll, it would not be bad.
What do I know ofyour dream as Mary calls it? To him, farming was an industry, not an occupation. You feed two or three teams instead of one. Abe would have a square mile then; how couldhe farm it? It tookall I could do last fall to make both ends meet.
But when it comes to what you call ahired man!
As Abe entered, Mary mentioned the fact of her husbands absence.