[Gnu-arch-users] archive/category meta-info

From: Doran Moppert
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] archive/category meta-info
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 22:34:28 +1000

With things like ViewARCH, Alexander's archive list and `tla grab` happening
all over the place, I'm feeling the need for some human-readable meta-info
attached to archives. The address@hidden syntax is convenient, but a
short textual description would make finding which registered archive
contained that program whose source I needed to hack on much easier.

I know there are probably a dozen reasons not to do this, but could chucking
a README or similar in =meta-info be a fairly harmless solution? This could
be ignored (mostly) by tla, with the only risk being the developer not
updating the README and its info becoming stale ...

Not sure how this interacts with the tla grab/announce style of working (if at
all), but the stanzas described in cmd-grab.c strike me as awkward anyway.