Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tagline borks on PNG files

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tagline borks on PNG files
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 23:20:49 -0700

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 09:37:50PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
Thank you.  Now that the newline is getting passed through, tla
tree-lint is still saying that the file isn't tagged.  Any ideas?

Wierd shell behavior: trailing whitespace is getting trimmed off of
arguments before being passed to the pngcrush program, even though the
whitespace is inside quotation marks.

hmm maybe try a different version:

pngcrush -text a "Comment" "$(printf '\n# arch-tag: foo\n')"

Just tried that as you recommended; the \n is still getting stripped
off.  But since the \n doesn't get stripped when I put another # right
after it, that is ok with me.

How can I tell arch that a png file can have a tagline, but should still
be treated as a binary file?  GIFs and JPEGs should also be treated in
this manner, because they too can have text comments.  Heck, even OGG
files can...  I would like to use tagline wherever possible, because
once I use it a bit, I want to go with the flow of principle of least
astonishment.

Jonathan

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2