[Gnu-arch-users] Re: talk amongst yourselves: "iterated" operations over

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: talk amongst yourselves: "iterated" operations over configs
Date: 16 Sep 2003 14:55:23 +0900

Robert Anderson <address@hidden> writes:
> > As for --config, well, I'm not yet a willing user, so I'll leave that
> > to others, but it does seem like it would be annoying to have to keep
> > track of the config; maybe if build-config stashed away the config name
> > in {arch}/=current-config it could be read by --config or something...
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by 'keep track of the config.'  What's to
> keep track of?

The name of the config.

E.g., `tla build-config CONFIG' does the equivalent of
`echo CONFIG > {arch}/=config'.  And then `tla update --config' reads
{arch}/=config to get the config name instead of having the user specify
it.

-Miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."