[Gnu-arch-users] push-mirror: want to push only new revisions

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] push-mirror: want to push only new revisions
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:25:34 -0400

I'd like to add an option to push-mirror that causes it to add new
revisions, but no categories, branches, or versions that aren't already
present in DEST. This is since when I mirror peoples' archives, I
usually only want a few of the projects in them. For example, I update
my mirror of Tom's archive with

  for i in dists--devo--1.0 docs-tla--devo--1.0 hackerlab--devo--1.0 \
    package-framework--devo--1.0 tla--devo--1.1 ; do tla push-mirror \
    address@hidden $i ; done

so it would be nice to just write `tla push-mirror --revisions-only
address@hidden'.

For similar reasons, I'd like support for multiple limit arguments. So
I'd like some opinions on how these two features should interact (and
maybe an implementation strategy). I'm thinking

  tla push-mirror address@hidden lim1 lim2

would push the union of the limit arguments, but I'm not sure what
should happen if lim1 and lim2 aren't disjoint, since it could result in
duplicated effort or something the user didn't expect. Also, if
--revisions-only is specified and a limit doesn't contain any revisions,
should any branches or versions in it be pushed anyway? There may be
other interactions I haven't considered as well.

Thanks for any comments,

Jason