[Gnu-arch-users] How to construct tagged version from working directory

From: Tez Kamihira
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] How to construct tagged version from working directory
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:45:01 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

I'm suffering from a network trouble for a few days.
I have a question.

Suppose I have a working directory of A/C--B--V--patch-N.
Working directory was created remotely. The archive and
working directory are separated by network. and I can't
access the original archive for the network trouble.

In such situation, Can I make a tag version of A/C--B--V--patch-N
without the reachability ? All I have is its pure working
directory only.

If it possible, I can commit some additional work localy, and
after the network will be normal again, I will star merge the
result to the original remote repo.

     - Tez