Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:59:25 +0100

On 2003-09-24 18:00:16 +0100 Robert Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:
Also, when I want to edit something in there, it's slightly less convenient for me to type, ``vi ./\<shift>{[tab]'' than ``vi ./.a[tab]''
Broken shell.  Which one?

Are there many shells which don't have braces as a significant character? I'm fairly sure bash, tcsh, zsh and rc all do. It's a fairly effective way of keeping users out of {arch} but a pain when you want to do brain surgery.