Re: [Gnu-arch-users] why does "tla get" with many patches become slower

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] why does "tla get" with many patches become slower and slower?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:50:21 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: address@hidden

    > Here is the issue:

    > The archive now contains 7369 patches and when I try to "tla get" it,
    > it starts quite fast, but gets slower and slower and consumes a lot of
    > resources to the point where my machine becomes barely useable.  I
    > interrupted the get process at patch 4732.

    > I understand that I can cache revisions, but why is it that "tla get"
    > gets slower and slower and burns resources that way?  Maybe the
    > question is naive: but what's the big deal?  It's just applying
    > patches.  right?

Please try 1.1pre6 in a couple of days (at least if you aren't already
running the head tla--devo--1.1).   If that isn't much better in this
regard, perhaps you could do a little bit of memory and CPU profiling?

(No, that shouldn't happen -- a fairly recently bug fix might be all
that you're missing, though.)