[Gnu-arch-users] tla commit fails on naming violations even when filenam

From: Mirian Crzig Lennox
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla commit fails on naming violations even when filenames given
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:30:33 -0500

Today I noticed some behaviour which seems to me to be a bug, but I
want to check with the list before I report it or spent time on a fix:

When giving "tla commit" an explicit list of files to commit, e.g.,

     tla commit -L "message" -- foo.c bar.c baz.c

the operation may fail with a "these files violate naming conventions"
error, even if none of those files was actually specified on the
command line.  In other words, tla checks every file in the project
for compliance, rather than just those files the user is trying to
commit.

Is this correct, or should tla only be checking the files that are
actually being committed?

cheers,
--Mirian