Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch and linux 2.7

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch and linux 2.7
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:03:21 -0500

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 03:13:06AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>  Fortunately, Larry is a hothead, not a sadist.

No one ever said he's a sadist.  He _is_ childish and arrogant however, and
his `proclamations' on the lkml with regard to controlling bitkeeper usage
have indeed seemed rather arbitrary and spiteful, not merely the actions of a
honest businessman trying to protect his investment (which is the rubric
under which he justifies his actions -- and indeed is probably his _base_
motivation).

>From what you posted, Stephen, I get the impression that you think I'm
arbitrarily bashing Larry because I'm one of `arch faithful', and bitkeeper
is the awful evil proprietary enemy.  This is not the case.  I thought Larry
was a cheesehead long before I'd used or even really knew what arch was, and
his actions and statements constantly keep that opinion fresh.

Ok, `cheesehead': how's that?  Not a libel risk, I hope, as it's very
unlikely anyone would really believe that Larry's head is made of delicious
tasty cheese.

-miles
--
Would you like fries with that?