Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Getting wierd exit code.. == FIXED

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Getting wierd exit code.. == FIXED
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:30:21 +1100

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 04:20, address@hidden wrote:
> Ah;
>
> After dinner I looked at the sourceline displayed by the warning and found
> the problem; it wanted HOME as an envvar.
>
> Maybe its just my non-native english; but 'botched invariant' says absolutely
> nothing to me, I'm not sure an application should give warnings like that
> to the user...

Submit a patch(preferred)/bug report only. Really - this keeps coming
up, and rightly so. The botched invariant is simply an 'uncaught
exception' - handling it explicitly will allow you to generate a more
friendly feedback message. Tom has described the correct approach for
converting these in tla - I'm sure it's in the archives.

Rob