[Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCE] PyArch-0.5 released

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCE] PyArch-0.5 released
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:34:54 +0100

Hello folks,

I have been hacking a bit with cscvs (wonderfully useful!) and
tla_load_dir (nice code!) lately and I decided it was time for someone
to bite the bullet and start writing THE Python-Arch binding module.

Up to now, I have put about one full week of work in it, the basic
framework is in place, it already allows for a few nice things (like
easy structured search in the archived changelogs). I have to care about
my actual work now, so I just release it for people to improve it.

Beware however that is still grossly incomplete, vastly inefficient, its
API is not yet stable, etc. But it is already useful to me.

I plan to port my archtools to Python using this package in the future.
I also would like to port tla_load_dirs and cscvs to use it in order to
reduce code duplication and provide for example client code.

You can find it at:

address@hidden/pyarch--ddaa--0.5
   http://ddaa.net/{archives}/2003b

Branches welcome :-) please keep me posted.

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org