Re: [Gnu-arch-users] OT: Slavery???

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] OT: Slavery???
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:12:13 +0900

    Tom> I would _guess_ that you still object to the paraphrase.  But
    Tom> could you do us the courtesy of trying to make clear what
    Tom> specifically you object to?

Yes.  The words "presumption" and "defense".  I don't "presume" that
it is non-outrageous.  I simply feel absolutely no outrage, and have
no sympathy/empathy/kindred feeling for one who says he does.  Since I
respect your opinions in general, what I _do_ "presume" is that you
know something I don't that leads to that feeling of outrage, and my
personal and professional (q.v.) interest is kindled.

As for "defense," evidently I feel that you lack sanity on this
particular subject.  So what?  Why should you care?  I have to suppose
I appear equally insane from your viewpoint.

That doesn't bother me at all, or lessen my respect for you.  I just
find myself wondering if I were to look in the direction of what you
see, would I not see it myself?

Please point.

    Tom> The orginal question:

    Stephen> What justifies "outrage" at the offer of a private
    Stephen> contract that one is not party to, and one is free to
    Stephen> accept or refuse as he chooses, and one is free to
    Stephen> advocate publically that others not accept, either?

s|What justifies|Will you please explain, justify, gloss, and/or
describe the processes of thought and feeling leading to|

Append "Please do so using non-circular reasoning, identifying your
assumptions as such."