Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem with cscvs

From: Harald Meland
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem with cscvs
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:31:03 +0100

[David Allouche]

> The "magic" trick to get cscvs to work correctly in the presence of
> numerous adds and removes:
>
>   cvs up -r1.1
>
> Basically, that checks out the first revision of everything.

I don't think that trick would work for files whose CVS revision
history starts at some other revision than 1.1.

To the best of my knowledge, this is a practice found in some actual
projects; technically, it is done by specifying a "-rX.Y" option to
the first "cvs commit" of that particular file.
--
Harald