[Gnu-arch-users] Tutorial questions

From: C. R. Oldham
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Tutorial questions
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:18:06 -0700

Greetings,

I, probably like everyone else, am looking at arch as a replacement for
CVS for my development team.

I was going through the tutorial. I'm using a build from the nightly
debian packages available from http://people.debian.org/~asuffield/arch.
I started with tla_20040124 and today compiled and installed
tla_20040202 in case that was related anomalies I was having.

The first anomaly I encountered was from

http://regexps.srparish.net/tutorial-tla/tree-history.html

Where I am supposed to execute

tla cat-log -A address@hidden \
                        hello-world--mainline--0.1--patch-2

I did so, and the output is missing the New-files: line indicating

{arch}/[...]/hello-world--mainline--0.1/[...]/patch-log/patch-2

was added to the archive.  The Modified-files: and the New-patches:
lines are present however.  Was this just a feature change to remove the
new files line since it is obvious that patch-2 would be in the archive
since the New-patches line indicates it was applied?

Secondly, the next instruction in the the tutoral instructs me to check
out from Candice's archive

tla get -A address@hidden \
                    hello-world--candice--0.1--patch-2 \
                    hw-C-0

When I do so I get

* from archive cached:
address@hidden/hello-world--candice--0.1--base-0

********************************
 MISMATCHED ARCHIVE CHECKSUM

  archive: address@hidden
  revision: hello-world--candice--0.1--base-0
  file: hello-world--candice--0.1--base-0.tar.gz

  expected: 1385989ead1e8ea953cf88dc104f0047
  got: 72dc72eb0e8243a568436ad254aba5c6

I don't have the slightest clue what I might have done to cause that.  I
have followed the tutorial instructions to the letter.  Suggestions?  Is
there some way to ignore the checksum so I can see if the checked out
source code is indeed corrupt?  It scares me because if it is not a bug
then it makes me think it is easy to corrupt my archives...

Thanks.

--
C. R. Oldham
Director of Technology