[Gnu-arch-users] make test failing

From: Dirk Kuypers
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] make test failing
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:42:30 +0100

Hi,

we are trying to evaluate arch (and subversion) as an alternative for CVS.
When we build arch 1.1 or 1.2pre2 the 'make test' fails:
[...]
======= TESTING: undo =======
Test 1: undoing single file modification
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
make[2]: *** [tests-timestamp] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/local/dk/tla-1.1/src/=build/tla/tests'
make[1]: *** [test] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/local/dk/tla-1.1/src/=build/tla'
make: *** [test] Error 2

This test fails on SUSE 9.0 and debian-testing. It works on a sparc-linux
debian-stable box, though. Oh, and now also on a laptop with
debian-testing. For me it looks like a problem with our tar? But it ist
the same version on all of the mentioned machines...

Does anyone have a clue, what is going wrong here?
address@hidden dk: tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25

address@hidden =build: ulimit -a
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 1024
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) unlimited
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) 7168
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

Some more infos I can provide?

Regards
        Dirk