Re: [Gnu-arch-users] replay in a tags-only branch considered harmful?

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] replay in a tags-only branch considered harmful?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:06:27 +1100

    Andreas> AFAICT, this is because replay tries to just apply the
    Andreas> changes to Modified-Files that a new revision has
    Andreas> made. Given a tags-only branch, there are no
    Andreas> Modified-Files, only Continuations.

I am finding it hard to visualise the problem here.

I thought replay just looks for all patches that are missing in the
current version and replays the change-sets?

I fail to see why it should be any different for continuations?

I guess that there is a good reason, just that I can't quite
understand...

(disclaimer: I haven't needed to use tags yet...)
--
Brian May <address@hidden>