Re: [Gnu-arch-users] J-Black. PLEASE STOP MY MIRROR.

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] J-Black. PLEASE STOP MY MIRROR.
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 00:00:18 -0800

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 03:36:28PM +0900, Tez Kamihira wrote:
> jblack,
>
> I've just recieved a e-mail from ViewCVS's auther and found
> that I broke his licence condition.

Did they elaborate?  It is a very short license, and about the only
thing you are required to do is provide the license agreement with
source and binary distributions.  Did you leave the license file in the
distribution?  You also must leave copyright notices in files, even when
you modify them.

> I'm not familiar with free/open software licenses and their
> relationship.

What copyright were you releasing ViewARCH under (I can't look at it any
more :-).  The ViewCVS license is just the "new" BSD license, with the
endorsement clause not present (perhaps an older version).  It is
certainly compatible with the GPL.  Just don't remove their copyright
notices from files.

Dave Brown