Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Moving project to another archive

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Moving project to another archive
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:38:31 -0500

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 11:02:19PM +0100, Robin Farine wrote:
> Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel wrote:
> >        I checked the source archive and apparently the only place where
> >it's name is stored, inside the project directory, is in the */log
> >files. Would simply moving the project directory to the new archive work?
>
> If you you really want to rename your archive and are aware
> of the consequences, then you could make a backup of it and
> then run the attached script on it. The usage message should
> suffice to tell you how to do that.

There's also a script in tla-tools that will do `deep' archive renaming,
called `tla-munge-archive-names'; it will let you rename branches &c too.
Like Robin's script, --help will tell you how to use it.

It _doesn't_ support signed archives though, so if your archive is signed,
you'll have to first make an unsigned mirror and munge that.
[In general I think it's not possible to retain signatures after archive
munging, you'll have to resign everything.]

-Miles
--
"1971 pickup truck; will trade for guns"