Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "ignoring" a specific patch when merging

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "ignoring" a specific patch when merging
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:02:19 +0100

> Is there a way to do this (ignore a certain patch when merging)?
>  Has anyone else needed something like this?  Am I missing an
> easier way to do it?

I'd say, do a normal merge with star-merge or whatever you use to merge
the two trees, then do a tla undo <patch-N> (or tla replay --reverse).

Another way would be to merge until patch-(N-1), then sync-tree until
patch-N, then merge the rest as usual. This latter has the drawback that
in the logs, it will appear that even patch-N was merged, when in
reality, it was not.

Note: I haven't tried either of them, and I'm not even sure they are
right solutions, but they seem to be. At least, to me.

Cheers,
--
Gergely Nagy