Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla get PANIC

From: Cameron Patrick
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla get PANIC
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:24:39 +0800

John F Meinel Jr wrote:

| $ tla get vida--dev--0.1
| * from pristine cache: address@hidden/vida--dev--0.1--base-0
[...]
| I recently switched from explicit id's to tagline id's. Which seemed to
| work just fine (that's why you get the D configs/all-dev, and A
| configs/all-dev.)

Having done this in the past, I've noticed that arch clobbers its
pristine trees if you do a "tla update" to a revision which changes the
tagging method like that.  I presume that if you do the get in a random
empty directory arch won't have a pristine tree cached and is forced to
build it from scratch, so it works; if you do it near where your old
tree was, arch will find and use the messed up ++pristine-trees
directory.  If you get rid of the project tree with the corrupt
pristines you should be fine.

At the time I saw this problem I was using an old version of Arch and
couldn't be bothered verifying if it was present in 1.2-pre or reporting
it to the mailing list; I was also fairly new to Arch and wasn't sure it
was entirely arch's fault rather than mine.  You mentioned that you're
using 1.2pre2 though and saw something similar to what I did, so it
sounds as though that bug still exists.

Cameron.