Re: [Gnu-arch-users] strategy/code for migrating changesets out of arch

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] strategy/code for migrating changesets out of arch
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:03:18 -0800

On Feb 23, 2004, at 12:36, Robert Anderson wrote:

Wouldn't a much easier first-cut at this just involved playing
the changesets into a p4 tree, and committing the changes
directly in p4?

This leaves renames as a manual task, but it might be enough to
get you going.

I've considered doing something like this. Perforce has nasty hacks for offline work that might get close. I'd want to avoid importing {arch} or .arch-ids as well as getting the notes and stuff in there.

Last time I tried working like this, I ended up just reapplying my changes manually. Well, probably via patch or something, but nothing as pleasant as my p4 -> arch gateway.

I've been sitting on this for a while. I'm looking more for a archgrok.py or or something that's similar to what I found for p4. It's probably simple to do...simple enough that I figure it's out there somewhere.

--
Dustin Sallings