Re: [Gnu-arch-users] splitting a file

From: Beda Kosata
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] splitting a file
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:47:37 +0100

Miles Bader wrote:

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:22:13AM +0100, Beda Kosata wrote:

I would like to split a large file into two (or more) smaller files. It seems to me that the only way to do it and retain the history would be to copy that file. Is there any other way I am missing or any plan to include support for file copies (as I understand several revision control systems do that).

No -- arch will probably never support them as such (see the thread referred
to by another respondent).

Thanks for the information. I have read the older thread and it was really enlightening :)
Thanks again and sorry for the redundant question :(

        BEDA