[Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.2 on Cygwin

From: David Snopek
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.2 on Cygwin
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:45:25 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

Frequently, I have Free Software projects that I use as tools for non-free
projects at work.  So I am constantly cooperating with myself.  Anyway, I
am using Cygwin on WinXP with the binaries from:

http://www.geocities.com/lode_leroy/arch/

I use the FAT filesystem because the machine dual boots to Debian.  I have
two problems with this setup:

 1. The directory renaming scheme is used on my source tree!  The first
level directory is fine but all the ones below it are changed:

$ tla get xmldoom--mpc--0.0 xmldoom
* from archive cached:
address@hidden/xmldoom--mpc--0.0--patch-1
* making pristine copy
* tree version set address@hidden/xmldoom--mpc--0.0
$ cd xmldoom/
$ ls
CHANGELOG  MANIFEST.in  examples   setup.py  src    {arch}
LICENSE    README       setup.cfg  sqlshell  tests
$ ls examples/
0  1  =dirnames

 2. Complaints about inodes.  Yea, I know this is expected:

$ tla changes
* looking for
address@hidden/xmldoom--mpc--0.0--patch-1 to compare
with corrupt pristine (failed inode signature validation)
    archive: address@hidden
    revision: xmldoom--mpc--0.0--patch-1
    directory /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/dsnopek/My
Documents/prj/xmldoom/xmldoom/{arch}/++pristine-trees/unlocked/xmldoom/xmldoom--mpc/xmldoom--mpc--0.0/address@hidden/xmldoom--mpc--0.0--patch-1
You should remove this pristine from your tree.

Anyway, I will see if I can take a look at the source.  It seems unlikely
that I will find time to make a useful contribution.  Consider this a bug
report.  Keep up the good work!

Thank you,
  -- David Snopek.