Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch backend for emacs' vc.el

From: Waldemar Żurowski
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch backend for emacs' vc.el
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:20:20 +0100

Ollivier Robert wrote:
According to Waldemar ??urowski:

It looks nice. It seems that you implemented just those I skipped and common parts are implemented almost the same...

Do any of these work also with xemacs?

Hm....

A small correction of my previous post.

I was curious how hard it is to update 'vc' for xemacs.

I manage to get it to work, but I had to copy some other files from emacs' elisp directory. The list follows:

dired-aux.el
dired.el
dired-x.el
ediff-diff.el
ediff.el
ediff-help.el
ediff-hook.el
ediff-init.el
ediff-merg.el
ediff-mult.el
ediff-ptch.el
ediff-util.el
ediff-vers.el
ediff-wind.el
vc-cvs.el
vc.el
vc-hooks.el
vc-rcs.el
vc-sccs.el

I copied 'ediff', as I use it a lot, and xemacs' ediff does not work with newer 'vc'.

I only changed 'dired.el' (I removed 'propertized-buffer-identification' and 'default-file-name-coding-system' which were not present in xemacs) and 'vc.el' (I added simple defun for 'line-beginning-position' and 'line-end-position' and removed a call of 'require' with tree parameters)

It seems to work, but I have not tested it too much yet.

The question is - how to put those changes into xemacs development ;)

Waldemar