Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Help -- how do I get Tom Lord's latest compilable D

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Help -- how do I get Tom Lord's latest compilable DEVELOPMENT version of arch/tla?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:58:04 +1100

    David> Question: What should I download/tag to get the LATEST
    David> development version of Tom Lord's tla (his "1.3" branch)?
    David> I want to start with Tom Lord's current branch, and then
    David> mirror my modifications, with the hope that he'll add my
    David> mods to his (mainline) version of tla.  But I'm not sure
    David> exactly what I'm supposed to tag.

You need to have a number of trees to build.

I suggest doing it the same way I did:

1. Get (not tag, get) address@hidden/dists--devo--1.0.

2. Learn about "tla build-config ...". This will automatically
   download everything needed to build.

3. Build it.

4. tla src code is in the tree at src/tla, or
   address@hidden/tla--libarch--1.2. I deleted the directory,
   tagged address@hidden/tla--libarch--1.2 to my own
   address@hidden/tla--libarch--1.2, and checked it
   out under the same directory name.

This is just one way, that doesn't require branching
address@hidden/dists--devo--1.0, you could consider this good or
bad.

5. If you still have problems, then let us know on this mailing
   list. I have been deliberately vague on some of the details, so I
   don't have to spend time looking them up.

Hmmm... Having said the above, It no longer works, did I do something
wrong here?

[511] [scrooge:bam] ~/tree/arch/src/tla >tla whats-missing
address@hidden/tla--libarch--1.2
webdav error (directory_files):
/%7barchives%7d/address@hidden/tla/tla--libarch/tla--libarch--1.2/ (404 Not
Found)