[Gnu-arch-users] Re: file annotate

From: Marc Martinez
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: file annotate
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:00:15 -0800

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 03:41:21PM -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Aaron Bentley wrote:
> >For now, you can list the revisions that modified that file:
> >
> >for log in $(tla logs); do if tla cat-log $log|grep \
> >"Modified-files:.*your-filename-here.*";then echo $log; fi; done
>
> Scratch that; the Modified-files header may span several lines.  Drat.

if there's a sufficiently populated revision library available:

do any of the current batch of revision library browsers include full
version inventory tracking like Tom's original set of shell+awk
scripts did?  that's the easiest way I know of to get an overview of
what changesets modified a particular file.

even without one, I'd guess you could run some sort of a find+grep
invocation to search for the filename in <revision>/,,patch-set/mod-files-index
which is the method my personal revlib browser uses.

Marc