Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Tlaa on wndows - new pathcompression scheme

From: lode . leroy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Tlaa on wndows - new pathcompression scheme
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:33:51 +0200 (CEST)

> Just as a side note, I agree. I don't think we want to switch to the
> VFAT names. You still have the problem that you can't delete a directory
> if the names get too long. I suppose you could look at directories then
> and have some indication of what it is, but I also know that my project
> tree gets a little deep (more like 80chars or so.) So that does cut into
> the max length available. I think Johannes' work around for exporting a
> network drive and re-mounting it is interesting, but I don't think it
> should be required to be able to use TLA.
> John
> =:->

The pathcompress.tar file, which is part of the source distribution,
also contains sources for ls, rm, find, mkdir (simple but usefull
implementations) that work with the compressed paths (numeric or dosnames,
they use hackerlab vu- interface)
find shows the uncompressed filenames.
ls -l shows the numeric and compressed names side-by-side.
(I name them cls, crm, cfind, cmkdir and put them in tla/bin for
debugging, but they could be made to be vu-ls, vu-rm, vu-find, vu-mkdir
and put to general use)
-- lode

-- lode

Plaats je zoekertjes GRATIS op AdValvas
Placez votre petite annonce GRATUITEMENT sur AdValvas
http://www.advalvas.be