Re: [Gnu-arch-users] ANN: new win32 build

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] ANN: new win32 build
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 02:21:04 +0200

Hi,

> I've just uploaded a new native win32 build (for NT with NTFS only).
> The complete test suite runs fine (except for symlinks, and a small
> problem I'll elaborate in another email).

I've put code in my archive to use the idea of compressing paths by
using the old DOS 8.3 names. It seems to work fine, though naturally
there are problems with inodes (on FAT, NTFS has stable inodes).

This is not intended to be used by the general public, but if you have a
cross compiling system etc. feel free to check it out. Its definitely
slow -- either way.

Anyway, just wanted to note this, I'm going on vacation now, be back in
a week.

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/