Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Phonebook for arch

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Phonebook for arch
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 04:08:07 -0400

Jaq,

I sent this to the list instead, because it probably has general use.

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 05:10:58PM +1000, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, James Blackwell wrote:
> >I've set up a phonebook for gnu arch. Attached, you'll find a perl script
> >that requires Net::LDAP (on Debian Gnu, apt-get install
> >libnet-ldap-perl package)
>
> The phonebook sounds interesting, but does it list lots of properties of
> the archives on the supermirror, or does it just hold email addresses?

Well, it holds a couple things right now.

ou=ArchPeople,dc=gnuarch,dc=org just holds people, email addresses, their
location, their gpg key id. It'll also hold userid and usserpass stuff
once the site is going.

There is also ou=ArchArchives,dc=gnuarch,dc=org. In there, you'll find
every archive that I know about. It lists the archive, the primary site,
mirror site(s) and what key(s) its signed with. Each archive can have
descriptions for categories, branches and versions attached.

In ou=ArchProjects,dc=gnuarch,dc=org, I will hold project information --
for example, what fully qualified version in which arch archive holds the
website, which will be hosted at (projectname).at.gnuarch.org

> I ask because I use lbdb with mutt, and your perl script seems to be
> reimplementing one of the backends; and I'd hate for you to have set
> this all up only for me to burst your bubble.

Nah, You're not busting my bubble.  I just wanted to put something Out
There that people could play with that I knew worked.

--
James Blackwell          Please do not send me carbon copies of mailing
Smile more!              list posts. Such mail is unsolicited. Thank you!