Re: [Gnu-arch-users] macosx specific problem

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] macosx specific problem
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:30:08 -0700

On Apr 10, 2004, at 14:48, Aaron Bentley wrote:

BTW, do you know HFS+'s status wrt to
- long filenames

There used to be problems with older versions where long filenames would get broken. It looks like the limit is 255 characters in a filename.

- efficient small file storage

Hmm... I've got .5k blocks and I'm actually a bit low on inodes. I believe this is pretty much like UFS.

- inode and device numbers
?

I'm pretty sure this is all normal stuff. I haven't heard of anything breaking because of roaming device numbers or anything.

The weird thing I have had a problem with at one point is the lack of sparse file support. I guess it wasn't really a problem, but I was playing around with large file support in ocaml and made an 18GB or so file and had to wait for it to be zero filled. That doesn't seem like it'd have any effect here, though.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>