[Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] attempts to hardlink files on different devices i

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] attempts to hardlink files on different devices in arch_library_add and tla get
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:13:13 -0400

Hi all,

I've just switched to using a new partition for my revision libraries, but kept the old ones (reconfigured to non-greedy).

I've encountered several problems, mostly in arch_library_add, which all have the same form:

1. a library_find is used to retrieve the revision from a library
2. no attempt is made to ensure that the retrieved revision is suitable for hard-linking to the target directory
3. an attempt is made to hard-link to the target directory

Several of these also involve adding a revision to the library, then finding the same revision (but not necessarily the same *copy* of the revision).

Patches are available here:
http://sourcecontrol.net/~abentley/archives/tlasrc

address@hidden/tlasrc--smallstuff--1
patch-5, patch-6, patch-7

They have also been applied to my integration branch.

They add (and use) an arch_library_find_picky () function which is essentially a combination of arch_make_search_path and arch_library_find. It permits the search to be restricted to
- libraries on a particular device and/or
- greedy libraries

Aaron