Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] recursive per-directory tagging reg

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] recursive per-directory tagging regexps
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:28:18 -0400

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 23:29, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 20:28, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 09:42:19AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > > I know for sure I've wanted the "recursive" directory in subdirectory
> > > .arch-inventory files before.  Of course declaring the default
> > > tagging-method inside a subdirectory .arch-inventory would be a bug.
> >
> > Actually, is there a good reason why not? This seems to be a fairly
> > simple thing to handle.
>
> Ask and ye shall receive:
>
> * committed address@hidden/tla--inventory--1.3--patch-1

And now it's done.  Now no one should ever have to poke in {arch}
manually.

I'll let the patch log explain:

* committed address@hidden/tla--inventory--1.3--patch-2

I'll let the patch log explain:

address@hidden> tla cat-log patch-2
Revision: tla--inventory--1.3--patch-2
Archive: address@hidden
Creator: Colin Walters <address@hidden>
Date: Thu Jun  3 22:18:40 EDT 2004
Standard-date: 2004-06-04 02:18:40 GMT
Modified-files: libarch/inv-ids.c libarch/inv-ids.h
    libarch/invent.c libarch/project-tree.c
    tests/test-id-tagging-defaults.sh
    tests/test-inventory.sh
New-patches: address@hidden/tla--inventory--1.3--patch-2

By default now, .arch-inventory is used instead of =tagging-method
when creating a new tree.  When a tree is initialized, we synthesize
an arch-tag tagline for the .arch-inventory file.  Even if the
tree uses explicit tagging (as per the default) we still look for
a tagline in the toplevel .arch-inventory file during inventory
traversal.