Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] corruption after cacherev (archive checksum m

From: Gavin Baker
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] corruption after cacherev (archive checksum mismatch)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:51:39 +1000

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 17:11, Jean Helou wrote:

> >I tried doing a 'tla uncacherev' again, then test with 'tla cachedrevs'
> >and patch-4 is still listed.  The files in the pristine tree remain
> >untouched.  I'd have thought these would be deleted, no?
>
> I think you are mistaken as to what cacherev does :

In this situation it does, but it doesn't explain why, after running
uncacherev, that patch is still listed under cachedrevs.

Anyway, my original problem (the mismatched checksum) has gone away now,
with a suitable incantation of updates and cacherevs and waving a dead
chicken over the CPU.

> Cacherev does not affect the pristine tree in you working directory, it
> only affects the archive on which you cacherev.  Is also won't provide
> you with a local cache of a revision
>
> What you seem to want is a local mirror of the archive (use tla
> make-archive -H and take a look at --mirror), or a revision library
> (probably greedy).

Yes, I realise now that a revision library was really what I wanted in
this situation.

Thanks,

:: G

--
Gavin Baker // gavinb*antonym_org // Linux|Python|Esperanto|MIDI|Cheese