Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dirname caching for leroy's tla on cygwin

From: lode . leroy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dirname caching for leroy's tla on cygwin
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:37:53 +0200 (CEST)

> Well, I haven't been giving feedback, but that's because it works for
> almost everything I need. The only times I have a problem with it is in
> an initial checkout. Because I don't believe you pathcompress on the
> initial get, and those can get pretty deep.

our proxy prevents DAV to work, so I haven't been able to find out what
"get" does (wrong) exactly...

> The only other issue was that revision libraries aren't path compressed,
> but I worked around that by creating the revision library as
> ../{archives}.

haven't tried revision libraries either... have a look at
"pathcompress.c", on top if you have a straightforward
fix for that: the function takes an absolute path, and
determines if compression should be applied...

> So maybe I'll try to converse with Johannes as well. I agree that his
> work seems interesting, but it didn't seem quite as far along as yours
> was.

actually, it does work, if I remember correctly...

> As a short-term simple fix, would it be possible to change all the
> #ifdef LOG to a configurable parameter? I've been running a logging tla
> for a while, and when I remember I end up cleaning out a 400MB log file.

oops... that was compiled in by mistake... it's strange that
no-one mentionned this before. You must be the only user of my code :-)
never getting feedback made me more-or-less abandon this effort.

> If it's not really easy, then perhaps you could recompile without LOG
> defined? If you want, you could put two links on your website, one with
> logging enabled, and one without.

I'll make it depend on the environment variable "TLA_LOG".

> I did start looking at your patches, and so far I haven't really figured
> out where some of them apply. I assume I need to start with a dist, not
> just a tla branch. Is that correct?

yep. I could send you the complete directory content  with build
directories and all, so just running the remake shell script bulds
and installs tla,tar,diff,diff3,patch etc.

> Thanks for noticing, and thanks for your earlier work.
> John
> =:->

Plaats je zoekertjes GRATIS op AdValvas
Placez votre petite annonce GRATUITEMENT sur AdValvas
http://www.advalvas.be