Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] Permission change ignored

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] Permission change ignored
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21:53:58 -0400

Robin Green wrote:
tla does not notice a permissions change (at least, when that is the
*only* change that has been made since last commit. That's the only
scenario I've tested.)

This is a known issue. See "[Hey tom!] file permissions and inode-sigs" and other posts from around June 28.

As this has security implications for my usage (storing /etc directory
for a server), I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me
fix this bug ASAP.

To solve it for a particular file, just touch the file.

Apparently, Ben Burns has fixed it in his tree, but he says the change isn't cleanly isolated. It's somewhere in here:

address@hidden/tla--library-share--1.3

His changes are incompatible with your existing pristines, so you'll need to get rid of the pristines after applying the changes. For the mainline, that's not acceptable, so it needs some compatibility code.

Aaron