[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Deepest FQFN on the Supermirror

From: James Blackwell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Deepest FQFN on the Supermirror
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:47:35 -0400

(Carboned to mailing list -- other people may want to know this at some
later point in time)

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 10:29:59AM -0500, Ron Parker wrote:
> James,
>
> I am working on some alternative ideas I have for dealing with running
> tla on systems with a small PATH_MAX. Specifically I am  writing a bit
> of a long-winded analysis to consider the various possible solutions
> to this issue.  However the set of archives, mirrors and such that I
> have to work with are rather small.  Would it be possible for you to
> run something like the following on the root of the supermirror and
> send me the single line output?
>
> find `pwd`|awk 'BEGIN{line=""}{if (length() > length(line))
> line=$0}END{print line}'|tr -d '\n'|wc

This line didn't parse, so I wrote its equivilant in perl.

There were 239834 dirs/files in /var/www/mirrors/pub

the longest line was (my mouse is broken, so I typed this by hand):
./address@hidden/\
libgraphics-colordeficiency-perl/\
libgraphics-colordeficiency-perl--upstream/\
libgraphics-colordeficiency-perl--upstream--0.0/\
base-0/\
libgraphics-colordeficiency-perl--upstream--0.0--base-0.src.tar.gz
And it is 233 characters long

> I would like to know how deep of a Fully-Qualified File Name is
> currently being used in an archive and didn't really want to do this
> to the supermirror remotely.
>
> If you prefer to leave out the `pwd` to avoid disclosing anything
> about your system layout that's not a problem.

Nah. I don't mind. The pwd is /var/www/mirrors/pub, which would make the
longest fully qualified filename about 251 charactesr long.