Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs totla.TlaError: "tla undo" failed with exit s

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs totla.TlaError: "tla undo" failed with exit status 512
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:53:43 +1000

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 14:31, micah milano wrote:
> I was attempting to bring in an archive with:
>
> cscvs totla -S MAIN.1:2174 /home/manderson/cvs/sympa/tla
>
> and it had been chugging along nicely, only a few hundred revisions
> left, when it threw this exception:
>
> Warning: not overwriting existing log file
> N changeset 2067
> R wwsympa/tt2/translate.tt2 [1.4]
> attempt to remove non-existent id for wwsympa/tt2/translate.tt2

This means that the cvs repository was parsed wrongly, leading to this
attempt to delete a file that hasn't been placed on disk.

Your entire conversion is suspect - sorry.

There are several possible causes for this. One is incorrect handling of
dead revisions, another is gaps in the revision numbers. I don't see
this anymore in my development code, but that isn't released [yet].

So, I can't offer you a simple bugfix, but if you have a little patience
I will be able to offer a cscvs that will do the right thing.

Rob