Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new language, arch, furth, etc.

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new language, arch, furth, etc.
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:31:40 -0700

On Jul 20, 2004, at 10:03 AM, James Blackwell wrote:

Aaron has been as vociferous as you in opposition to this, but said
he's at least willing to sit back and hear out what the ideas are.

Please, for the benefit of everyone (or at least me), chill out for a
second and let Tom explain. He's earned that privilege (and plenty
more), I think

I'm in agreement with Talli. We should hear people out that are
presenting an argument. Sure, in the end we may either agree or
disagree, but the time for that will come after Tom is done speaking.
First we must listen to his whole argument, and give a serious effort
to understand it.

In return for that, surely Tom will reciprocate, rather than saying
things like 'I'm too busy to listen to you'

 Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical of this whole "new language" thing too, and
Tom has promised to explain it to me, so I'm waiting.

If Tom is listening, could you put into the stack of things to talk about how you see communication with external processes fit into your new language? That's my
major issue.

 Pierce