Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: nadim
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:59:05 +0200

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 20:33, Ron Parker wrote:
> Firstly, I agree that *developed is ill defined and perhaps pejorative.

First, I really want to insist on the fact that I don't blame Michael for
the words he chose and my remark was a friendly one.

Thanks for you answer too Ron.

My point was that I believe we are very easy to brain wash. I' lie if I
write I never pronouced a racistic word (I have tendency to overuse
adjectives so someone who is black and dumb is realy a "... dumb balck
...." but so are the white ones (It's easy for me because I am immgrant
with white parents and other parents that (even if they don't say it
themselves) are _very_ colored (That's the nice thing with comming from a
country that has been invaded more than 15 times, people get mixed, hej
that should work with the states too since you have a rather generous (and
I mean it) immigration policy)

Back to the subject, What I realy want to say is that it's easy to take
some fascistic leader words in your mouth, I don't think germans where all
nazis but people listening to Hitler  were certainly "impressed" by his
charisma (more than Bush has) and repeated is dumb words. I'm afraid that
the USians are very sensitive to the patriotic rethoric and after 9/11 it
must have gotten even worse. It starts in the (bad) media but it continues
in the cafes and at the workplace. It's not just the US, we have the same
problems in Europe or in arab countries. One american Jackass and all
americans are same. One Iraki dictator you can't control anymore and it's
time to bring out the axis of evil.

Brother USians (whether left or right (I'd prefer left but ;-)) please give
us hope.

Cheers, Nadim.