Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] join-branch assumes base-0 is the only tag re

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] join-branch assumes base-0 is the only tag revision
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:39:59 -0400

Andrew Suffield wrote:
'join-branch <version>' assumes that base-0 is the current tag for the
version, but that's wrong when you've tagged into the branch a second
time. This doesn't appear to cause a problem, but it does introduce
the wrong patch log - you wanted the one from the most recent tag, not
the first tag.

I can imagine problems if the specified version is tag-based or mixed. I'm not sure that everyone would want the latest revision of the version, though. I suspect sync-tree is the interface to emulate.

Note that the current (replay-based) implementation is not going to work very well with revisions created by commit --base.

Aaron