Re: [Gnu-arch-users] star-merge and unrelated trees

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] star-merge and unrelated trees
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:25:13 +0300

> > these two go together. Allows using relative paths when passing filenames
> > to commit -- when names tagging is used.Also for undo -- and changes --
> > (see below)
>
> Conceptually, these look fine. path_from_tree_root looks like
> it could use a bit more work first, though . You're doing a lot string
> handling that isn't being handled the same way as the rest of arch. For
> example, any particular reason you're not using things like
> filename_in_vicinity?

the function returns with filename_in_vicinity(). I mostly copied it from
cmd-file-find.c I think. Very similar code is in more places so I thought I
don't just copy/paste it but also make a static function of it, maybe later in
can be exported and used in other places.

> Also, regarding that if ( method==tagging)  {lim_free ... }.  What do
> you think about the file_path = file_list[x][0]; into an str_save line,
> and then just doing an unconditional lim_free on file_path.

Ok, I can do that.

> >>                patch-7
> >>                   fix selective changes invocation
> >>
> >>                patch-8
> >>                   include header file to fix warning
> >
> > these two go together, allows changes -- . The code was mostly there but
> > not enabled.Strange?
>
> Yeah. That is strange. Maybe its that way on purpose. Before I start
> testing this one, how well did you test it against the various tagging
> methods?

Did not use this as much as selective undo, and only with names and tagline.
The core of it is existing/untouched make-changeset-file.c code.

> >>                patch-11
> >>                   tentative fix for something related to star-merge
> >
> > this is todays issue with star-merge.
>
> I think I need some help on this one.

I hope not from me ;) . Just leave this out for now, I am not sure what it
changed so it enabled using --reference for me; I'll look at it another time
unless someone more knowledgable jumps in.

Jani