Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Michael Poole
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:49:50 -0400

Pierce T.Wetter III writes:

>   However, Roosevelt dies. Truman (his vice president) and Stalin's
>   mutual distrust lead to the Cold War.
>
>    So at this point, all of Europe is either democratic or constitutional
> monarchist due to a lot of prodding from us.

While I'm not familiar enough with European history to speak about
smaller nations, I rather suspect that France and Britain were a
democracy and constitutional monarchy (respectively) by their own
choices and, setting aside WW2, through their own efforts.

But whatever happened to that cooking thread?

Michael Poole