Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU copyright assignment

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU copyright assignment
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:48:00 -0400

Thomas Lord wrote:

This isn't a major burdon on contributors, imo.   It's just basic
professionalism, by several metrics (auditability, accountability, and
deliberately formal process).

I would be willing to assign my copyright, but I don't think it's a great idea. It seems to be largely unrelated to the problem of getting the patches flowing. To the extent that it's related, it will reduce the number of new contributors we get.

I think there are other, more important areas to improve our professionalism in.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology