Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem with signed archive (unable to acquire revi

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem with signed archive (unable to acquire revision lock)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:00:02 -0500

Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 07:03:55PM -0500, Adrian Irving-Beer wrote:
> >On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 12:48:19AM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> >
> >> But I don't own the lock:
> >[...]
> >> How do I get out of this situation?
> >
> >Use 'lock-revision -b' (break).
>
> Ah, cool. Worked like a charm.
>
> Is this little trick already mentioned somewhere (Wiki or other
> documentation)? If not, where can I add it?

I don't know if it's on the wiki, but tla may have told you when you
couldn't commit earlier, e.g. (note the parenthetical near the end):

  quaternion:/tmp/test$ tla import
  Reading passphrase from file descriptor 3

  You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
  user: "Jason McCarty <address@hidden>"
  1024-bit DSA key, ID B43BDFEB, created 2002-01-13

  gpg: no default secret key: bad passphrase
  gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: bad passphrase
  signature command exited with non-0 status (2)

  command: if [ -z $DISPLAY ]; then
    gpg --clearsign -q
  else
    agpg --clearsign -q
  fi

  (You may also have to use tla lock-revision -b before
   retrying this transaction.  See tla lock-revision -H)

  unable to complete transaction due to signature failure

--
Jason McCarty <address@hidden>