[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Xtla 0.9 is out!!

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Xtla 0.9 is out!!
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 08:07:36 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Matthieu Moy <address@hidden> writes:
>> http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/arch/public/
>
> Thanks, that works.
>
> Please merge:
>
>    address@hidden/xtla--miles--0--patch-8
>        Make building in a separate directory work again

Merged.

> What's with the bizarre build rules for .elc files (creates temporary
> subdir, etc), BTW?

A hack (borrowed from what automake generates for elisp files if my
memory's good). It allows you to compile the file in an empty
directory. I've just comitted a patch putting ".." after @abs_srcdir@
in the load-path (strange : for me, it worked without ".."), so, the
.el files are allways use for compilation.

In particular, if you change the number of arguments of a function in
foo.el, and recompile bar.el that use this function, you won't get any
warning.

Probably this is redundant with correct dependancies in the Makefile,
but well, it works, and if it's a bad idea, it's not mine :o)

--
Matthieu