Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla register-archive -M

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla register-archive -M
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:36:11 -0600

Anand Kumria wrote:
Hi,

Typically Arch archives are specified by a pair of co-ordinates (archive
name, URL).  I'm seeing more and more Arch URLs (which is good) but the not
the archive name so much.

That is only a problem if you tend to mirror a lot (as I do).  Currently I
register the archive to determine it's name, de-register it and then
re-register is as archive-SOURCE

Here is a quick patch to register-archive which adds '-M' (similiar to tla
make-archive's -M) which registers Arch URLs as SOURCE.

You can grab the patch from the Arch co-ordinates:

address@hidden/tla--princess--0
http://www.progsoc.org/wildfire/arch/arch

As this is my first attempt at contributing do let me know if I've done
anything wrong or incorrect.

Thanks,
Anand

Well, I'm guessing you don't to use the -M flag. -M means "--mirror-from". Probably something more like "--source" or something like that would be fine.

Also, I tried to get to your web-page, but I got a Request Not Found error.

Eventually I figured out that you need a ~ before your username.
http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/~wildfire/arch/arch/

Also, tradition says to use your archive name as part of the url, so it makes it more obvious. That would change your archive to
http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/~wildfire/arch/address@hidden/

I'll try to look at it, though.

But if you are contributing, you should double check your url's. :)

John
=:->