Re: [Gnu-arch-users] create a fresh tree

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] create a fresh tree
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:05:58 -0600

Michael Hanna wrote:
how do I create a fresh tree from a set of files that have been put in the repository in the past?

I want to restart my tree, but when I try

tla init-tree prompter--dev--0.51

I get no error message and the {arch} dir appears.

but when I try

tla inventory

all the files are already added! How is this possible, even after I delete the original category--branch--version file hierarchy. I left the archive > =meta-info > name alone though.

regards,
Michael

If you are using a tagging method of explicit (the default), in every directory there will be a subdir called ".arch-ids", in which there should be files <filename>.id with one .id file for each file you have added.

This is how tla keeps track of what files have been added. This is usually nice, as if you move a directory, tla knows that all the files (and the directory) has moved without you having to do anything.

If you are using the tagline, then each file contains the tagline, and tla would recognize this as well.

I'm guessing this should actually be okay. But if you feel differently, you can always run:

find . -name ".arch-ids" -print0 | xargs -0 rm -rf

John
=:->