[Gnu-arch-users] reviewing changes while ignoring whitespace?

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] reviewing changes while ignoring whitespace?
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 09:40:12 +1100

Here's the command I use to review changes/ diffs, for example between
the current working tree's release candidate and an earlier release
candidate (patch-1):

tla changes --diffs $rc0--patch-1 | vim -R -c \
 'source $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/diff.vim' -n -

Sometimes files come through the trunk/devel tree that get created in
Eclipse, and more often than not have to be 'flip -u'ed at some point,
to fix the line endings (known, listed Eclipse bug, around 3 years old,
they're still talking about fixing it...). So this, changing every line
in the file, makes it very difficult to review the actual changes that
happened to that file sans the every-line-white space changes. A way to
run this changes --diffs command in this way would certainly improve my
reviewing process.

tia
zen