Re: [Gnu-arch-users] EDelta

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] EDelta
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:48:22 -0700 (PDT)

  The reason I decided to release EDelta more widely was to see if I am
  really the only one who thinks this could be a useful tool. I suppose I
  can setup a mailing list, or, if the Arch community is OK with it, I
  could point interested users to the Arch-users list for further
  discussion and announcements?

If you want to do that, I think is fine: Edelta is esoteric enough
that traffic will be light and the functionality of Edelta is certainly
on-topic.

Please, if you will, use the list address@hidden instead
of address@hidden   The topic of Edelta is, at this stage,
more of interest to developers than arch users in general.  That is
a list of only modest volume and is more focussed on technical stuff.

   Another option would be to try to convince
   the xdelta-people into extending their algorithm with similar functionality.

Not a bad idea either.  They are probably another good source of
perspective on the meaning of the problem space your are exploring, too.